Join our talented community, help brands and businesses achieve a vision.
The Head Menswear Designer is responsible for defining the menswear vision to create a commercially successful collection that celebrates the youth culture of today who are inspired by individual expression, a shared purpose, meaningful change and community focus.
Collaborating with the Design Director and product teams you will bring to life the brand vision for menswear leading the design of an accessible elevated urban streetwear collection incorporating traditional methods and innovative techniques.
The collection will celebrate individuality and purpose to reflect the changes the youth of today want to see in the world and will be discoverable digitally, online and in stores worldwide including London, Paris, New York, LA, Berlin and Tokyo.
This is a full-time permanent role, in which you will be working from initial concept to final sample to deliver seasonal concepts, designs and development samples across men's outerwear, casualwear and sweats.
You will be directly managing a graphic designer, assistant designer and any freelancers whilst working in close collaboration with the design director, product development and production teams for a brand that encourages diversity, equality and inclusion.
Living and working in Sweden...
Swedish culture embodies work, life balance with an active, year-round outdoor lifestyle. You are entrusted to manage your time effectively and can choose your own working hours. Childcare if required, is also very affordable.
About our process...
We are conducting a global search for this role and will prioritise candidates with both a minimum of 2 years of recent experience as a design manager, head or lead designer and who specialise in elevated men's urban streetwear which has translated into successful brand sales in the last 5 years.
Please read the full job description thoroughly before applying via our Career site.
What you will do...
- Lead the research, interpretation and presentation of seasonal concepts exploring the history and future of street fashion as it links to modern global culture.
- Define product, mood, fabric, trim, colour, print/graphic direction and trend concepts working closely with the design director, creative director and product team.
- Research new techniques, base fabrics, innovative and sustainable materials.
- Lead the design and development of each collection to provide a coordinated wardrobe offer.
- Work collaboratively with the design, development, and production teams from initial concept to final sample, aligning priorities whilst ensuring an efficient workflow.
- Partner with product development to consider pricing, margin, sales analysis, customer insights and the alignment with the overarching creative vision.
- Show a high level of awareness in continually evaluating market trends, influences and customer behaviours to identify product opportunities.
- Produce and present design research, sketches and 3D development samples.
- Attend fit meetings with the product teams.
- Demonstrate an eye for detail from concept stage through to final design.
- Effectively communicate all visual information.
- Guide, involve and inspire the Graphic Designer, Assistant Designer and freelance team members.
- Degree in Menswear Design.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a hands-on head designer, design manager or lead designer role directly managing a small team.
- Proven track record in the design of elevated men's urban streetwear.
- The ability to bring creative strength and newness to each collection with a focus on form and functionality drawing inspiration from a wide variety of modern cultural influencers including musicians, artists, sports professionals, photographers, videographers, etc.
- Strong design vision aligned with a clear understanding of the strategic goals of the business.
- Strong grasp of sustainable fashion solutions, raw material innovation and product development.
- Technical awareness of fabric suitability, construction, fit and finish.
- Good eye for colour, detail and proportion.
- Excellent hand and technical drawing ability.
- Diplomatic team player and clear communicator.
- Excellent time management skills able to set and prioritise workload in response to the critical path.
- The ability to work well in a fast-paced creative environment.
If you believe your experience meets the job description criteria and you will thrive in this role, you must be willing and eligible to live and work in Stockholm. Non-EU citizens can apply for a work permit. Please apply with your CV and a portfolio in PDF format or web URL. Your portfolio must be menswear focused and showcase your experience designing men's urban streetwear. Please note that we only accept applications via our career site. All applicants will receive a response.