As Design Assistant you will be working in a team of four assisting with a variety of tasks including concept and raw materials research, product design, mood board creation and preparation of CAD's and tech packs. Reporting to the Creative Director.
The successful designer will be a recent fashion design graduate or an individual that has honed their skills through a minimum of 12 months industry experience in contemporary or luxury fashion through internships or a first job.
At this contemporary luxury brand, the design team’s ways of working and collection structures are non-traditional requiring flexible thinkers and people who can problem solve and are inspired to work in a conscious brand.
Seeking alternative solutions if the traditional route doesn’t satisfy. The desire to do things better will require innovators with a passion for sustainability but with a realistic view as to what is possible.
- Inspirational research for the seasonal collections and collaboration projects as briefed by the Creative Director.
- Support the design team in translating ideas into products across a spectrum of femininities and masculinities, creating commercial products that cater for all gender identities demonstrating sensitivity for shape, form and style.
- Creation of mood boards for presentation meetings.
- Creation of illustrations, colour ups and mock-ups as directed by the creative director.
- Colour, print, graphic research.
- Research and sourcing of raw materials.
- Assist the design and product teams with everyday tasks.
- Ensure all tasks are completed in line with the product development calendar.
- Creation of garment CAD's and initial tech packs in Illustrator.
- Monitoring and coordination of proto samples with factories ensuring calendar milestone are achieved.
- Ensure sample rails are tidy, organised and ready for presentation.
- Ensure the design studio is well organised and tidy with samples put away correctly and fabrics correctly labelled and neatly filed.
- Recent design graduate or a Design Intern or Assistant who has honed their skills through experience.
- A minimum of 12 months internship experience in contemporary or luxury fashion.
- Well-versed in conducting extensive research looking at a wide variety of source materials in line with the creative director’s brief including the more challenging routes, printed source materials in contemporary and vintage magazines and books and sourcing vintage items. Good use of a library card is a plus!
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work to multiple deadlines.
- Highly organised, proactive, and able to take the initiative.
- Professional and effective time-management skills.
- Highly proficient use of Adobe CS.
- Strong illustration and presentation skills.
- Flexible working approach, diligent, team player able to adapt to the needs of the team.