The Store Manager is responsible for effectively managing a Covent Garden pop-up offering contemporary premium handbags, bags and small leather goods for men and women, made in the UK.
The store opens mid-November for 2 months at this initial location with an option to extend as the group secures a permanent location in the area offering the possibility of an ongoing position.
The objective is to drive business and consistently increase turnover in line with targets by effectively motivating and inspiring the sales team, delivering against key performance indicators to achieve sales targets (store and staff), delivering excellence in customer service and protecting, developing and promoting the brand.
The successful individual will have at least 1-2 years of experience as a Floor Manager, Assistant Store Manager or Store Manager in a premium or luxury store. Other essentials include; delivery of an exceptional customer experience, skilled execution of budgets, targets and objectives, leading by example effectively developing and motivating the team with a proven track record in achieving and exceeding targets.
- Thorough awareness of figures including budget, targets and management objectives.
- Manage KPI’s, reports and review bestsellers to influence VM and incentives.
- Manage staff structures in accordance with the store budget.
- Data capture to build the database and encourage customer loyalty.
- Manage and minimise all store expenditure in accordance with the P&L report.
- Set and support the delivery of store and staff sales targets and key performance indicators for the store and staff.
- Liaise with head office on any store events and press and develop and maintain regular client contacts.
Recruitment/Training & Development
- Manage the sales team in delivering an excellent customer experience driving sales/client development, representative of a premium brand.
- Ensure all employees are professionally inducted into the company and all policies and procedures are highlighted in alignment with the company manual.
- Implement strategic weekly training sessions to continually develop the team focusing on product knowledge, exceptional customer service and business awareness.
- Facilitate monthly staff reviews to identify further training needs and high achievers.
- Demonstrate exceptional organisation skills and commitment to the effective running of the store and management of the team.
- Lead by example and comply correctly with all procedures detailed in the Terms and Conditions Handbook regarding attendance.
- Plan and conduct performance reviews in line with company guidelines.
- Provide a positive and productive working environment.
- Perform effective coaching to all team members, leading through the team.
- Ensure team development and training is timely and ongoing.
- Write and conduct performance reviews.
- Ensure customer experience is a transformational one from start to finish.
- Meet or exceed all store customer service and satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Direct and execute store visual standards; maintain a high standard of visual presentation through regular training in line with VM guidelines.
- Utilise visual merchandising to react to best sellers and individual business needs, to drive sales tactically and strategically.
Health & Safety
- Include health & safety training in all staff inductions.
- Practice regular fire drills and carry out regular risk assessments as stated in the Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Ensure there is a qualified first aider (training provided).
- Adhere to all correct policies and procedures regarding back office, Shopify EPOS system and banking as set out in the company Procedure Manual, training team members accordingly.
- Maintain accurate employee files in line with company policy.
- Provide all relevant documentation to Line Manager, HR & Payroll.
- Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager or Floor Manager with at least 1-2 years of store management experience.
- Leather goods, accessories or fashion experience is essential.
- Target and results-driven.
- Thorough understanding and management of store budgets.
- Experience setting and implementing store and individual KPI targets.
- Track record in delivering an excellent customer experience representative of a contemporary premium brand.
- Flexible to accommodate retail schedules such as weekends, evenings and peak trade periods.
- Nurturing leadership ability and a role model who inspires and leads through the team.
- Effective and proactive communication with head office.
- Proficient in MS Office including Excel.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Salary: £ competitive aligned with experience + performance bonus
- 28 days holiday increasing to a maximum of 31 with continual service (inclusive of bank holidays).
- 40 hours working week.
- Pension scheme.
- Private Health Care.
- Life assurance (from Jan 2023).
- Dress code: smart/casual.