As Senior Product Developer you will be responsible for the development of 4 seasonal collections (including runway) from design to production handover. The main focus of the role is to work with the designer and in-house atelier to bring samples to life with factories in London and Europe ensuring that the collections achieve the designer's vision and meet quality, fit, margin and critical path expectations.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience in product development specialising in Women's RTW including tailoring preferably with small brand experience and experience managing an in-house atelier.
This exciting super organised and well-structured WRTW brand is experimental and thought-provoking in its approach to design. With a strong sense of invention and newness grounded in commerciality, the brand thrives on the unexpected, pushing the boundaries of inherited rules to create a fresh point of view.
Please note that sponsorship is not a possibility at this time.
- Working closely with design and production to execute the product development lifecycle from design to production handover for Women’s Ready-To-Wear across all product categories.
- Coordinate the day-to-day product development process and small in-house atelier.
- Manage the development critical path ensuring the product is delivered on time and to budget.
- Seasonal planning with the team based on range plan, prices and margin targets.
- Participate in the sourcing of fabrics and raw materials following new developments to ensure their suitability for each style. Negotiating lead times and prices.
- Launch initial sketches with pattern cutters guiding the technical development of each style aligned with the vision of the creative director.
- Launch development styles with factories in the UK, Italy and Spain sourcing new potential factories and suppliers as required.
- Working with both CMT and fully factored factories.
- Work closely with the knitwear developer and garment technologist.
- Attend fittings feeding comments back to the relevant pattern cutters and or factories.
- Ensure accurate and timely entry of data for all product information in Zedonk.
- Regular travel to new and existing factories to launch styles, collaborate on developments and maintain positive relationships.
- Work closely with the production manager to ensure all products are finalised on time and ready for production handover.
- Lead VIP projects to ensure they adhere to the agreed critical path.
- Senior Product Developer with a minimum of 5 years of product development experience in Women's Ready-to-Wear ideally with small luxury brands.
- Multi-product experience including Women's tailoring.
- Experience working with luxury factories in the UK and Europe.
- Experience in the sourcing and development of raw materials.
- Exceptional organisation skills with excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent time management with the ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritise.
- Proven track record delivering against margins, quality, price and delivery targets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good knowledge of garment construction and finishing.
- Excellent problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Software proficiency in Zedonk and MS Office
- Hands-on, positive team player.