Join our creative community and engage with inspirational brands
As Freelance Creative Pattern Cutter you must be highly proficient in draping on the stand working from 3D drapes to create patterns and also from sketch. The collection comprises occasionwear dresses and soft tailoring and requires expertise in working with delicate fabrics and silk. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Women’s Runway or Couture fashion with the capability of achieving the highest levels of accuracy, speed and craftsmanship.
This timeless, ethical luxury brand creates timeless appeal embracing cultural, age and size inclusivity. At least one tree is planted with every purchase.
- Working from 3D drapes to create highly accurate patterns.
- Working from initial sketch into toile and pattern.
- Translation of pinned styles into patterns.
- Executing amendments following fitting to achieve final sample.
- Working with the designer on new shapes, propose the best construction and finishing techniques including seam placement.
- Produce highly accurate and clean patterns working closely with the designer/owner.
- Work closely with assigned seamstress to achieve an immaculate garment finished to the highest standard.
- Ensure clear and effective written and verbal communication with designer and seamstress.
- Create thorough construction details for each pattern.
- Accurately cost and calculate fabric consumption.
- Freelance Creative Pattern Cutter with at least 5 years’ experience working in Women’s Couture and Runway for a luxury house.
- Expertise, precision and accuracy in translating pinned styles into patterns.
- Expertise in toiling, draping silk on the stand to create complex draped occasion wear styles.
- Creating highly accurate patterns from 3D drapes.
- Recommending the best construction and finishing techniques.
- Expertise working with silk and delicate luxury fabrics; silk georgette, silk chiffon, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in producing accurate costings and fabric consumptions.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Positive and flexible team player with a passion and focus for creating beautiful garments.