Join our creative community and engage with inspirational brands
As Freelance Creative Pattern Cutter you will be working on bespoke trend inspired silk evening dresses creating toiles and flat patterns, with extensive use of drape. The role requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Women’s Runway or Couture with the ability to work on complex styles to achieve the highest standards of craftsmanship and finish.
This timeless, ethical luxury brand creates timeless appeal embracing cultural, age and size inclusivity. At least one tree is planted with every purchase.
- Creation of toiles using drape to create accurate patterns.
- Translation of pinned styles into patterns.
- Executing amendments following fitting to achieve final sample.
- Working with the designer on new shapes, propose the best construction and finishing techniques including seam placement.
- Produce accurate and clean patterns working closely with the designer/owner.
- Work closely with assigned seamstress to achieve an immaculate garment finished to the highest standard.
- Ensure clear and effective written and verbal communication with designer and seamstress.
- Create thorough construction details for each pattern.
- Accurately cost and calculate fabric consumption.
- Freelance Creative Pattern Cutter with at least 5 years’ experience working in Women’s Couture and Runway for a luxury house.
- Expertise in translating pinned styles into patterns.
- Expertise in toiling, with extensive experience in draping silk on the stand, for complex gowns, creating patterns and recommending the best construction and finishing techniques.
- Experience working with silk and delicate luxury fabrics; silk georgette, silk chiffon, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in producing accurate costings and fabric consumptions.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Positive and flexible team player with a passion and focus for creating beautiful garments.