Join our creative community and engage with inspirational brands
Job ID 775281
As Commercial Director for this leading international supplier you will be working closely with the design, sales, merchandising, production and technical teams to ensure the business meets and exceeds commercial expectations, whilst understanding and upholding the fundamental integrity of the business, upon which it is founded and has continued to evolve and grow.
At a time of great change across the fashion industry and wider economy with a shift towards sustainability and ecological impact, maintaining a focused order book whilst working with the intention of fulfilling orders well, is a key focus. The attitude to growth is strategic, not biting off more than the business can handle with emphasis on the integrity of work. The role reports into the Managing Director.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum 12+ years supplier based experience in women’s multi-product fashion working with online, supermarket and high street retailers. Essential skills include a proven track record in sustainable and consistent business growth based on sound commercial decision making and industry expertise with good lengths of service in each role to support demonstrable results. Your ability to work proactively and supportively with internal teams and external partners, is also essential.
- Work closely with customers and the design and sales teams to develop and evolve new and existing business empowering the knowledge within the team.
- Ensure product is costed through the most competitive route and margins are achieved.
- Overlook agreement of prices and delivery dates with factories.
- Work with the sale and merchandising teams to agree an achievable critical path for each order.
- Work with the manufacturing base, production and planning teams to ensure pre-production and production dates are met, involving travel to Far East.
- Ensure capacity planning/production space/forecasting are managed effectively with factories.
- Ensure internal systems are up to date in conjunction with factories.
- Support the function of the merchandising team in ensuring deliveries are on time in line with the critical path.
- Review and support internal teams in managing the internal order book for each customer.
- Support and collaborate with the fabric team in the UK and offshore in sourcing, negotiating fabric prices, minimums and lead times.
- Market research liaising with the design team and keeping up to date with women’s fashion online, high street supermarket fashion and buying patterns.
- Commercial Manager / Sales Manager / Director / Head of Sales with a minimum 12 years’ UK supplier based experience in multi-product womenswear encompassing casualwear, tailoring, outerwear.
- Proven track record in measured and consistent business growth.
- Exceptional understanding of Far East manufacturing capabilities, planning and capacity to ensure the business is able to efficiently manage its order commitments.
- Excellent lengths of service in each role with demonstrable track record in astute business management and sustainable growth.
- Expertise in multi-product womenswear for online, high street and supermarket fashion.
- Highly numerate and accurate with excellent attention to detail.
- Expertise in garment costings and margin management.
- Supportive and effective management skills, motivating and leading through the team.
- Ability to build highly effectively and respected relationships with individuals at all levels including external partners, customers and offshore offices.
- Proficient in MS Office including Excel (intermediate to advanced).
- Highly organised with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive, positive attitude