Join our creative community and engage with inspirational brands
The role of Trade Sales Executive is the perfect fit for a passionate, enterprising sales executive or account manager motivated to nurture and significantly grow business in the UK and Europe, with the goal of becoming part of the largest revenue driver in the business.
Working with a wide variety of clients including interior designers, architects, developers and hotel groups you be responsible for maintaining and developing new and existing business and commissioning bespoke orders for specific projects, introducing the brand and proposition to a fresh list of prospects and entrenching the brand in their world. You will have a keen focus on building strong relationships with clients; drawing on existing tools, as well as developing your own methodologies to win business across high-end residential, architectural projects and ‘boutique’ hospitality clients such as hotels and restaurants.
Passionate about luxury craft & design and hungry to work with both UK brands and international brands in this area, you will be comfortable holding your own in a wide variety of situations, seeing conversations through from initial contact to full sales conversion, ensuring a high level of satisfaction and repeat business.
- Secure weekly face-to-face meetings at the London showroom or clients’ studio with a targeted prospect list.
- Develop fresh and new relationships, introducing prospective clients to the product and service offer; defining a point of entry which makes sense to them and their creative vision.
- Maintain a comprehensive database of sales, leads and opportunities ensuring timely follow up to secure orders.
- Build a significant pipeline of sales opportunities, working towards monthly and annual targets to help realise ambitious growth in this area.
- Work cross-functionally with the team to ensure that each order is appropriately contracted, managed, and delivered through to completion; ensuring the journey is both simple, efficient and enjoyable, so clients come back time and time again.
- Make suggestions to the Head of Trade Sales on product, service and partnership opportunities that can offer a tangible return on investment, with a shrewd focus on sales and client acquisition.
- Advise and help to shape the sample-making programme, product portfolios, trade catalogue, pitch presentations and other ‘sales’ tools to really enhance the sales experience.
- Carry out a constant health-check of the trade database making sure it is clean, up-to-date and segmented in the most appropriate and effective fashion.
- Represent the brand at industry events & networking opportunities.
- Contribute to the development of a targeted marketing plan for the trade market, identifying appropriate channels and opportunities to build the brand profile within this market.
- Sales Executive or Account Manager with a minimum 3 years’ experience in luxury product and B2B sales ideally including stock and bespoke orders.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the interior design & hospitality market in the UK & Europe and how to navigate it effectively.
- A good eye for detail and design with a passion for interior design and the role of luxury and bespoke product within this such as ornaments, textiles, lighting, furniture, dining, sculpture, art and jewellery.
- A creative aptitude for recommendations, suggestion and help to imagine how specialist craft pieces can be integrated into an interior and clients’ projects.
- A good understanding of material certification requirements for interior design and the hospitality market.
- Excellent and efficient customer service that also embodies brand values of humanity, integrity and imagination.
- Strong numerical skills for estimating and negotiating deals.
- Ability to work autonomously and be self-motivated, pro-active and a hungry to win business.
- Well organised with the ability to work effectively under pressure, prioritise and complete tasks.
- Ability to think laterally and work collaboratively within the team and external stake holders.
- Positive outlook, empathy and ability to negotiate.