Join our creative community and engage with inspirational brands
Job ID 774274
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for supporting the Store Manager in the running of the store for this growing contemporary luxury men’s and women’s lifestyle brand. Representing the brand to the highest standards in the overall management and leadership of the store, team, product and delivery of an exceptional client service. Responsibilities include achieving sales and performance-based objectives, high operational and visual standards and nurturing and developing a highly motivated sales team.
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience in retail management for a contemporary or luxury brand, supporting the day to day running of the store, maximising sales opportunities, demonstrating excellence in client service and achievement of KPI’s and revenue targets.
- Lead and develop the business of the store, according to weekly, monthly and annual targets provided by head office.
- Maximise the potential of the collection using all available tools, training, visual merchandising, reporting and analytics.
- An expert in the brand and each collection, understanding the business and marketing of the brand thus being able to feedback and offer recommendations for the brands growth.
- Excellent awareness and understanding of the luxury sector.
- Monitor and review weekly sales performance & KPI’s and provide consistent and qualitative feedback to head office.
- Maximise store sales potential through weekly assessment and walkthroughs, reviewing and feeding back on competitor product.
- Seek opportunities to achieve the highest calibre of client service by supporting the sales team to make decisions in the best interest of providing exceptional service.
- Continue the development of a repeat clientele network for the store with a high loyalty level.
- Build a strong relationship with the Store Manager in order to work together to deliver results.
- Have a strong leadership presence.
- Create a supportive and positive work environment, empowering the team and encouraging innovation.
- Manage and motivate the team to drive the business.
- Set achievable yet challenging team and individual targets and asses, monitor and manage performance to ensure these goals are achieved.
- Conduct monthly coaching sessions with the sales team to review performance.
- Identify individual and team training needs, providing frequent training sessions and continued learning.
- Assess the strengths and opportunities within the team.
- Be active in the acquisition of new talent to the team.
- Imbed, teach and train brand policies and processes and ensure all staff are aware and adhering to them.
- Ensure inventory is well managed from delivery to sale.
- Ensure the store and staff adopt best practice across health and safety, staff welfare and data collection.
- Making sure the store and shop fit are fit for purpose and regularly well maintained.
- Assistant Store Manager with a minimum of 2 years retail management experience in contemporary or luxury fashion.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent customer service attitude and expectation.
- A desire for growth and entrepreneurial progression.
- Steady and effective leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent organisation and planning abilities.
- A great eye for visual merchandising and the detail of the store.