The role of Fabric Developer focuses on the sourcing, development, sustainability and technical sign-off of fabric (main focus), trims and packaging working in a team of six on two annual collections of around 80 styles. Reporting to the Director of Brand & Business Development.
This groundbreaking ethical and sustainable luxury Women's RTW brand fuses beautiful craftsmanship with effortless timeless fashion inspired by British, European and African influences, vision, skills, knowledge and passion.
- With sustainability and circularity in mind work with country leads and designers to source on the ground in North Africa and Madagascar to identify and establish a database of established and artisan Fabric, Trim and Packaging suppliers (10-20%).
- Maintain, source and develop raw materials with suppliers in Italy and Turkey (80-90%).
- Develop and maintain an updated, relevant ecosystem of suppliers.
- Develop Fabric, Trim and Packaging working closely with Design.
- Create a detailed critical path for Fabric, Trim and Packaging development to align with and deliver to key milestone dates of the collection Critical Path (CP).
- Manage supplier, factory & 3rd Party supplier database to ensure relevance to product.
- Manage and communicate all closure and holiday dates for all suppliers, factories, and 3rd Party testing houses.
- Agree seasonal testing and performance standards requirements by article and finished product combination with technical team, suppliers, production team and the factories.
- Manage RM sampling and testing compliance budget.
- Create PO’s and update the Excel budget tracker.
- Agree seasonal testing by criticality with the technical team.
- Follow up with suppliers and factories to ensure leftover inventory is current and up to date.
- Manage the lab dip process and maintain supplier despatch log to ensure timely despatch and sign off from Design.
- Order RM's for sampling, based on design requirements.
- Chase PO delivery confirmations from suppliers to allow timely arrival at factories in compliance with the critical path (CP).
- Check and validate Fabric, Trim and Packaging technical specifications given by Design.
- Create, agree, manage and maintain a Fabric, Trim and Packaging code process with suppliers and share with design and team members.
- Communicate technical specifications to Fabric, Trim and Packaging suppliers and place proto and sample orders.
- Chase Fabric, Trim and Packaging suppliers to achieve agreed delivery dates to the factories.
- Manage testing process with the testing labs.
- Manage approval and Fabric, Trim and Packaging sign-off process with 3rd Party testing houses, Design, PD, Production, Suppliers, and Factories.
- Confirm costs, minimums, lead time and price breakdowns with suppliers.
- Ensure all PO Invoices are received and are correct and processed for approval by Line Manager.
- Fabric developer with a minimum of 3-5 years experience in luxury fashion and Women's RTW working with European and global suppliers, (Italy and Turkey are essential).
- Experience working with sustainably sourced raw materials.
- Skilled in working closely with the designer to achieve the vision.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-starter with a tenacious, assertive and determined attitude.
- Ability to follow instructions and to take initiative.
- Ability to plan, multi-task and work under pressure.
- Good negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Analytical and numerical.
- Excellent Excel skills and previous experience of an internal computer system such as Zedonk or SAP is a plus.
- A sustainability and circularity champion.
- Fluent in English with fluency in French or Portuguese is beneficial but not essential.