The position of Production Manager is responsible for the product lifecycle management of both development and production for the men’s and women’s premium activewear and lifestyle collections. Serving as the liaison between the senior leadership team, Design, Product Development, Merchandising and Sourcing to coordinate processes and deliver against margin, cost, quality, fit and critical path targets ensuring a seamless exchange and management of product data.
This position requires a tactical approach to the PLM process demonstrating strategic insight to integrate people and processes, mitigating risk to ensure on-time delivery of quality products to evolve and enhance the brand.
The successful individual will have a minimum of 8 years of production-based experience working with Asian and European factories producing activewear and lifestyle apparel for the premium or luxury European or US market demonstrating a pre-emptive approach and commercial mindset.
- Create, oversee and manage the critical path for development and production across both men’s and women’s activewear and lifestyle collections.
- Manage factory allocation and launch of production with ISO and Oeko-Tex Certified and bluesign® accredited factories in Portugal and Thailand ensuring that production is delivered on time, on budget and to high-quality standards.
- Manage and set up the production schedule and delegate tasks to the team as required.
- Oversee a small growing team; Garment Technologist and two Senior Product Developers.
- Evolve and refine development and production department processes in line with the needs of the brand.
- Manage the Production and Development budget and ensure margins are achieved.
- Assess costs versus output with vendors scrutinising the process to ensure transparency and value.
- Forward planning; coordinating and controlling the development and production critical path and processes, required resources and ensuring stock levels align with sales projections.
- Negotiate prices with mills and factories and oversee the sourcing and ordering of all raw materials.
- Oversee raw material testing with the product developers.
- Ensure sustainable choices are made and processes are set up to reduce carbon emissions and
wastage throughout the development and production process.
- Liaise with the senior team on collection pre-production sign-off.
- Manage factory allocation and production from launch to delivery to warehouse delivery.
- Manage QC resources and the Quality Control schedule and procedures.
- Timely approval of invoices.
- Assist with the integration of the PLM system.
- Oversee the ordering of all raw materials.
- Manage production patterns and grading in line with the critical path.
- Set up of all department trackers.
- Send weekly production updates to the business and conduct weekly meetings with the team.
- Together with the merchandiser, create and manage seasonal line plans for each collection.
- Analyse style/SKU levels to optimize productivity and margin.
- Monitor and maintain development and SKU management.
- Seasonal travel to factories.
- Collaborate with the product developers on the sourcing of new factories as required.
- Production Manager with a minimum of 8 years of experience specialising in activewear and lifestyle apparel including seamless.
- Proven track record in creating, implementing and managing the critical path for both product development and production.
- Experience working with natural and synthetic knitted and woven materials.
- Excellent eye for premium product understanding construction and bulk production processes and the details and raw materials that elevate men’s and women’s active and lifestyle apparel.
- Proven track record in building strong partnerships with vendors to ensure products meet margin, fit and quality expectations.
- Preemptive and solutions-focused, with excellent forward planning ability.
- Skilled in mitigating risk.
- Highly organised, proactive and results-focused with excellent attention to detail.
- A positive, proactive and supportive manager.
- Excellent communication skills in working effectively and diplomatically with an international team from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
- An activewear and lifestyle enthusiast.
- Experience working with PLM systems.
- Proficiency in Mac, Excel and Adobe Suite.
Hours & Benefits
- Working hours: Monday to Thursday 9am-5pm and Friday 9-1pm
- 1 month paid holiday split across the year
- 1 flight home a year following completion of a successful 6-month probation
- Medical insurance
- Visa and relocation package (if required)
- Clothing allowance
- Employee discount